Trekking is challenging and adventure Activity. You have to face with different Temperatures, climate and weather and also different altitude has Different climate and temperature. So we strongly suggest you bring you the following equipments to success your trip and to save you from the hazards.
- Warm Sleeping bag with inner liner .
- Duffel bag Rucksack bag which will be carried by porters .
- Daypack for your own to bring the water and your own things during the hiking .
- Warm Down Jack for cold.
Upper Body - Head / Ears / Eyes:
- Shade hat for sunny day or banana cap it will better even with neck over or you can bring neck cover separate .
- Warm wool or synthetic hat that cover your ears and head from freezing cold .
- Glacier sunglass glasses with 100% UV protection with side shields and a hard-sided storage case .
- Headlamp – for your night uses coz everywhere there is not electricity so it will help you for night and also help you to hike in dark (just in case )
- A neck warmer is another piece of gear for extra warmth if you feel you will need it
- 1 pair of thin and light gloves for the wind proof and hand comfort .
- 1 pair of fleece or wool gloves.
- You can bring your own choice gloves but it should be suitable for the trip .
- Light and expedition weight thermal tops.
- Fleece jacket or pullover.
- Fleece Wind-Stopper jacket (optional).
- Waterproof (preferably breathable fabric) shell jacket.
- 2 women sports bras, Synthetic, no cotton.
Lower Body – Legs
- few pairs fast drying hiking shorts
- Underwear, nylon (4).
- 2 pairs lightweight long underwear - capilene or other synthetic.
- 1 pair soft shell pants - synthetic, full zip from top and bottom preferable.
- Few pairs of trekking pants, preferably that zip on/off at the knees so they double as shorts.
- 1 pair cotton pants (loose jeans/khakis).
- Best hiking socks to prevent blisters, 4-6 pairs of liner socks, synthetic or capilene.
- 3or more pairs heavy weight socks to be worn over liner socks.
- Few pair light weight socks, a good option for the lower / warmer parts of the trail.
- One pair of light weight water proof trekking shoes but better if you used before for training- so it will comfort for you
- One pair of sports or training shoes , Good for around the camp/lodges and in Kathmandu.
- One pair sandals for the toilet and dinning use .
Medicine and First Aid Kit:
(. However our trek leader has one micine kit but we suggest you to bring another personnel medicine kit too. )
- Extra Strength Excedrin for altitude related headaches.
- Ibuprofen for general aches and pains.
- Imodium or Pepto bismol capsules for upset stomach or diarrhea.
- Diamox (commonly prescribed as Acetazolamide) 125 or 250mg tablets for altitude sickness. Please discuss with us before starting to take this medicine.
- If you are using some regular medicine then you are requested to bring that with the suggestion of doctor for the required duration .
Miscellaneous and Important things:
- Passport and extra passport size photos .
- Your international flight ticket and leave one copy in office .and you travel insurance documents also leave one copy in Kathmandu with us .
- Durable wallet, pouch for travel documents, money & passport.
- Lip guard with spf 20 or more
- Sunscreen any brand but SPF 40 is recommended and should be relatively new since it loses its' effectiveness over time.
- Pocket knife or small Swiss army type of knife
- Water purification Iodine tablets .
- Toiletry kit, Be sure to include toilet paper stored in a plastic bag, hand wipes, and liquid hand sanitizer, towel, soap, sanitary pad ,wet tissues
- Pair of hiking poles.
Note: All clothing should be kept dry using waterproof stuff sacks or large puncture resistant plastic bags.