Annapurna Base Camp 10 Days
Annapurna Base Camp Trek 10 Days is an amazing opportunity for those who want to complete this amazing trek without going too slow or rushing it. We have an Annapurna Base Camp 7-day package and an Annapurna Base Camp 14-day package, so this is the happy medium. It takes just 10 days roundtrip from Kathmandu. Our itinerary is designed to take you to the heart of Annapurna Sanctuary providing fabulous views of the mountains of Dhaulagiri and Annapurna Range.
The route this trek takes is the shortest possible one to let you explore everything in the fastest possible way. The landscapes you get to view during these 10 days are amazing, as you get panoramic views of peaks like Annapurna, Dhaulagiri, Himchuli, Manaslu, and Machhapuchhre while walking past beautiful rhododendron, bamboo, and oak forests with a few settlements in between.
One of the memorable spots during this trek is a hot spring known as Jhinu where you can dive and relieve your fatigue. The steaming waters feel especially good on your sore muscles. Annapurna region is also home to different species of birds and animals and is covered in an alpine forest. Reaching Annapurna Base Camp is a wonderful experience to have and the trail will never cease to amaze you.
Not only this trek offers the beauty of nature and the thrill of trekking, but it also is a great way to explore the unique culture, tradition, and lifestyle of the Magar and Gurung people residing in this region. Sublime Trails has tailored this package in such a way that you don't miss any of these or other amazing things that you would get in a regular Annapurna Base Camp Trek while saving as much time as possible for other activities in Nepal.
10 days Annapurna Base Camp Trek Highlights
- Embark on one of Nepal's most famous treks
- Stand at the foot of Mt. Annapurna and Mt. Machhapuchhre
- Dive into the natural hot spring of Jhinu and relax while being surrounded by outstanding beauty of nature
- Enjoy the panoramic view of mountains like Annapurna, Machhapuchhare, Dhaulagiri, Nilgiri, Varaha Shikhar, Lamjung Himal, etc.Visit Lakes like Phewa and Begnas, caves like Mahendra cave and Bat cave and temples like Bindhyabasini and Tal Barahi in Pokhara
- Explore the unique and vibrant tradition and culture of Magar and Gurung people
- Trek inside the Annapurna Conservation Area habitat of various exotic plants, animals and birds
Route to Annapurna Base Camp 10 Days
Leaving Kathmandu, the route to Annapurna Base Camp takes you to Pokhara by a flight or a ride. After arriving in Pokhara, a bus ride to Kyumi marks the start of your trek as you hike up to Chhomrong. The next day, you will head towards a village named Himalaya. The trail finally takes you to Annapurna Base Camp on the 5th day via Machhapuchhre Base Camp. While returning from Annapurna Base Camp, you will head towards Bamboo. The next day, you dive into the hot spring near Jhinu Danda, known as Jhinu Hot Spring. After leaving Jhinu, you will trek to Nayapul and drive to Pokhara and return to Kathmandu on the 9th day.
Annapurna Base Camp 10 Days Difficulty
Annapurna Base Camp 10 days trek is a moderate grade trip with most stops with an altitude under 3000 meters. Just for two days, you will remain at a higher elevation than that. During this trek, however, you will walk an average of 5-6 hours a day for 10 days. Climbing the 3000 steps to the village of Ulleri can get a bit physically demanding. Trekking in peak seasons, you will not encounter any dramatic weather shifts. Any exercise or preparation though not strictly required can help you a lot.
Food and Accommodation During the Annapurna Base Camp 10 Days
Food and accommodation during this trek are minimalistic since the areas falling in the trekking route are far from modern. You will stay at teahouses that provide simple and clean services. Heaters are only found in the dining halls and food like pasta, noodles, dal bhat, potatoes, vegetables, cereals, eggs, rice, soup, etc. are served. You may get private single, double, triple rooms, or even rooms shared with more people depending on the season. While in Kathmandu and Pokhara, you will stay at a 3-star hotel providing breakfast. In the city, lunch and dinner are not included, but that allows you to explore different restaurants with various cuisines depending on what you like.
- Day 1:Arrival at KathmanduAltitude: 1345 m
- Day 2:Arrival at Lake City, PokharaAltitude: 820 m
- Day 3:Drive from Pokhara to Kyumi and trek to ChhomrongAltitude: 2170 m
- Day 4:Chhomrong to HimalayaAltitude: 2920 m
- Day 5:Himalaya to Machhapuchhre Base Camp (3700 m) to Annapurna Base CampAltitude: 4130 m
- Day 6:Annapurna Base Camp to BambooAltitude: 2310 m
- Day 7:Trek to Jhinu Danda from BambooAltitude: 1780 m
- Day 8:Trek from Jhinu to Nayapul and drive to PokharaAltitude: 820 m
- Day 9:Drive or fly back to KathmanduAltitude: 1345 m
- Day 10:Farewell