Everest Base Camp is a famous destination for trekking lovers all over the world. Despite being a small country, Nepal offers a wide range of natural wonders and culture. Trekking through the Everest region is one of the best ways to explore Nepal. While trekking to the foot of the tallest peak of the world, you will pass through the beautiful pine and rhododendron forests with the heartwarming view of many of the snow-capped peaks and landscapes.
Everest region is a treasure for wildlife exploration. Many of the rare flora and fauna can be found in the Everest National Park. Some of the rare animals such as Snow leopard, Himalayan black bear, Red Panda, Mountain Thar live in the Park.
Apart from that Sherpa villages, their tradition and lifestyle make your trip unforgettable. You will get the chance to get exposed to their lifestyle at its best during the trek. Sherpas are known for their bravery and mountain climbing skills.
Sublime Trails has designed this 15 days Everest Base Camp trekking package in such a way that you don't miss out on any of the fun and experience. Our experienced and humble guides and crew members will take care of you throughout the journey. We work at our best to cure your curiosity regarding the culture, tradition, nature, etc. Everest Base Camp Tour Cost is optimized considering your comfort and luxury at an affordable range.
We use different trail while returning back. It lets you explore the beauty of Himalayas from a different perspective. Apart from that, you get to explore many new places, people and scenarios. As we have to walk on high altitudes during our Everest Base Camp trek, we take acclimatization day so that you can cope easily with the diluted atmosphere and increasing altitude.
EVEREST BASE CAMP TREK HIGHLIGHTS
- Trek to the base camp of the highest mountain in the world
- Use of the different trekking route while returning letting you explore more
- Flexible guide with profound knowledge of the field
- Flexible and easy-going working staffs
- Flexible refund policy (Read our terms and condition)
- Easy and secure online payment
- Full board meals during the trek and breakfast in Kathmandu
- Recommended accommodation in Kathmandu and best available lodge during the trek
- Trip Successful Certificate after the trip completion
- Experienced trip organizer, who has been to Everest Base Camp trek for more than a decade
- Explore the hidden treasure like monasteries, stupas, seasonal festival, interaction with monks, 1-hour stay in a monastery with Lamas during prayers every day at Tengboche monastery
- Acclimatization days to prevent altitude sickness to make trip 100% successful
1. Do I need insurance?
Travel insurance is a vital thing to do while travelling to high altitude regions like Everest Base Camp. Here are the main reasons why you need insurance.
- One of the main reason is altitude sickness. As you have to travel at high altitudes (over 3000m) it might have some effect on your body that result in altitude sickness. Sometimes the condition may get so worse that you need evacuations with the help of a helicopter. It can cost thousands of dollars.
- As the trekking route is quite difficult, there is always a possibility of accidents. Cuts and bruises, accidental slipping etc might affect you greatly during your trek.
- Even though Nepal is a safe place for travellers, the possibility of losing your baggage cannot be denied. They may contain your valuable items like a camera, laptop etc so it is better to get them insured.
Sublime trails help you get the insurance if you need to. You should make sure that your insurance covers a variety of things like helicopter evacuation, injuries, inability to continue your venture in high altitude, cancellation, death etc.
2. How difficult is the trek and how should I prepare myself for it?
Everest Base Camp Trekking is considered to be strenuous. Strenuous treks are the trek that demands a high level of physical fitness and strength. During the trip, you will have to walk around or more than 5000 m of altitude for 7/8 hours a day on average. It can last up to 15-20 days. The temperature can be as low as -15 °C. Besides all that you also need mental toughness to complete these trips.
- Cardio exercises include running, cycling, jogging, push-ups, and pull-ups for about 4-5 days a week for 3 months before your trip will begin.
- You should also be involved in developing core strength. and muscle endurance through weight training.
- Hiking in the hills in different weather conditions will be good preparation for this trip.
- If you have access, kayaking will also be a very good way to develop the strength and endurance required for this trip.
3. Can I use the internet during Everest Base Camp trek?
While travelling to Everest Base Camp, there might come some difficulty in communications. As most of the time, you will be trekking in remote areas, you might have a problem having phone calls or good quality communication.
You can use the cellphones of our crew member during an emergency. But the quality of the calls might get really bad due to the network issues in high altitudes. We recommend you to carry the SIM cards of NTC/Ncell during the trek. We can provide you with the satellite mobile phone on a rental charge as well.
Internet facility is available in most of the teahouses. However, you have to pay the expensive price the higher you get.
4. Is there any risk of altitude sickness?
As you will be travelling at an altitude higher than 3000 m(safe mark for altitude sickness), there will be a risk of altitude sickness. But we will take the trek slow and acclimatize properly along the way so you don't need to worry much about it. However, you are advised to research properly and carry the prescribed medication with you on the trek.
What to Expect:
Everest Base Camp trekking is one of the best trekking journeys to explore Nepal and the Himalayas. Since the starting of your trip, you can have many of the wonderful experiences until you get to the foot of Mount Everest. During this Everest Base Camp trek, you can expect to have Nepali local meals for Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner. Comfortable lodge accommodation on a twin or triple sharing private room.
1. Flight from Kathmandu to Lukla
Kathmandu-Lukla flight is the first step of your journey towards the Everest Base Camp. On this almost 40 minutes of flight, you will have the glimpse of the mesmerizing landscapes covered with lush forests, rivers, and waterfalls, etc. Apart from that, you will have the glorious panoramic view of the Himalayas. Your flight will be full of scenic views.
2. Food and accommodation:
On your way to Everest Base Camp, you will encounter many tea houses run by the local Sherpas. As the Everest region don't have the easy road accesses, it is hard to find luxurious hotels. However, these tea houses provide you with minimalistic accommodation. Even if they are not so luxurious, the hospitality of the locals is heartwarming. During the trek, you will have breakfast, lunch and dinner which include foods like soup, noodles, pasta, potatoes, vegetables, Dal Bhat, fried rice, eggs, etc.
In Kathmandu, you will stay at 3-starred hotels. We have not included lunch and dinner in Kathmandu because we let our clients explore different types of food in the city. We want you to try new cuisines different restaurant offers according to what you like.
3. The Sherpas, tradition, and culture
One of the best experience of Everest Base Camp Trekking is exploring the Sherpas of the Himalaya. Sherpa community is quite isolated from the rest of the world. They are known for their loyalty and mountain climbing skills. The Sherpa tradition and culture is heavily influenced by Tibetan culture. On your 14 days of trekking journey, you will get to have closer exposure to their culture.
4. Sagarmatha National Park
Sagarmatha National Park is one of the UNESCO world heritage sites of Nepal. The area covered by this national park is full of mesmerizing mountains, glaciers, deep valleys, etc. It is dominated by the highest peak in the world (Mt. Everest) and other high Himalayas (altitude more than 7000m). This park is the habitat of some rare species such as Snow leopard and Lesser panda. With the Sherpa settlements at this park, it is the perfect blend of Nature and Culture. On your trip, you will spend most of the time at this park.
5. Everest Base Camp and Kala Patthar
Everest Base Camp is the final destination of your trekking journey. Situated at the foot of the Mount Everest, you can have the dramatic view of Khumbu glacier from there. However, you can not have the grand view of Everest itself. So you climb a little higher to the Kalapathar. Kalapathar is the paradise for the observation of Mount Everest. You get the closest ever view of Everest from there including the adjacent peaks. You will get the beautiful view of Khumbu icefall as well.
6. Glorious views of Himalayas
Since the starting of your journey from Lukla, you will get the glorious view of the Himalayan range. At every step, they get closer and closer. The higher you climb it gets more and more beautiful. The views of sunrise and sunsets over the Himalayas are splendid. Those glorious mountains over the horizon keep you motivated throughout the journey.
7. Landscapes along the way
Apart from the Himalayas, you will get to enjoy the beautiful landscapes, lush forests rivers, and waterfalls along the way. Everest region is rich in flora and fauna. So if you are a nature lover, you will get plenty of time to explore those things along the way.
If you want to see Everest but you do not have enough time or can't walk for long days, we have Everest Base Camp Helicopter Tour. The helicopter will land at different places to explore the Everest region.