How to Book this trip?
- For Instant support/Direct call/Whatsapp: Call for booking information or other trip-related information)
- For private trips, you can send us inquiries before confirming the trek. Or Email: [email protected]
- If you are looking to do a group joining trek you can just go to the departure section and choose your date and click the book now button.
Everest Base Camp and Kala Pattar Trek 14 days
Why You Should go on the Everest Base Camp Trek with Sublime Trails
- Not only do we provide you with a great experience in terms of the mountains, Sherpa culture and Buddhist culture, but we place great importance of your wellbeing, health and safety. And also the wellbeing of our staff.
- Our team of guides and porters are helpful, flexible and personable. We know you will love them!
- Our guides are fully trained, including in altitude sickness prevention, recognition and on what to do should it occur.
- We use the best lodges available on the trek.
- We ensure your accommodation and meals are well taken care of.
- We have helicopter options available in case fix-winged planes cannot fly in/out of Lukla due to bad weather.
- All the gear we use is cleaned and checked in Kathmandu before each trek to ensure it is in optimal condition.
- During the acclimatization day in Namche Bazaar we will guide you to the famous Everest View Hotel with its amazing views and where ‘breakfast on Everest’ helicopter trips land.
- We include a visit to the Sherpa Museum and the National Park Visitor Information Centre on our trek.
- At each overnight location your guide will provide you with information about the surrounding area and take you to the nearby view points as available.
Overview of Everest Base Camp and Kala Pattar Trek
Can I Really Reach Everest Base Camp?
Who hasn’t heard of Mount Everest and the Everest Base Camp Trek. Scaling Everest is the dream of many. For the rest of us, trekking to base camp is a more achievable goal! With a good level of fitness and a big pinch of determination Everest Base Camp is within your reach with Sublime Trails.
Are the Views Really as Spectacular as I Have Heard?
Yes! The views of Everest and surrounding mountains from Kala Patthar are perhaps even more spectacular than those of base camp and other camps on the mountain.
Iconic Stories and Famous Places The EBC Trek starts with a breath-taking flight from Kathmandu to Lukla - one of the highest airports in the world. And then you are off on your Everest Base Camp hike through Sagarmatha National Park and on to the famous market town of Namche Bazaar. Visit the monastery at Tengboche where the monks will welcome you to participate in a Buddhist ritual and where the surrounding mountains entice you to believe in the power of nature.
The Beauty of Nature
The lower areas of the trek to Everest Base Camp are lush green forests and farmlands. As we go higher the landscape changes to more rugged trails and rocky moraine. The beauty of icefalls, snowy peaks and glaciers will astound you. Kala Patthar is THE place to view Mount Everest. Much more so than Everest Base Camp itself. While the base camp is the ultimate destination for trekkers to see (a little in the distance) mountaineers preparing to scale the world’s highest mountain, it is at Kala Patthar that trekkers get the most wonderful views of this majestic mountain. To watch the sun rising over the Himalayas from this view point is one of the main highlights of this trek.
What Should I Expect?
Aside from the mountains, glaciers, icefalls, scenery, and culture mentioned above, you may experience a spiritual awakening or inward serenity. Definitely you will experience tired muscles - but with a sense of achievement. The lodges on the trail are pretty good and the food is great so your body can rest and recover each evening. Our guides are knowledgeable and will provide you with all the information you need about the mountains and surroundings. Read on for highlights of the trip and full details of this 14 day Everest Base Camp Trek.
Everest Base Camp Trek Highlights
- Experience the exciting and scenic flight from Kathmandu to Lukla.
- Learn about and experience the unique and vibrant culture of the local Sherpa people.
- Stand at the foot of the world’s highest mountain at Everest Base Camp.
- Be mesmerized by the panoramic views of Mt. Everest at sunrise from Kala Patthar.
- Be awed by other majestic mountains such as Ama Dablam, Cho Oyu, Lhotse, Nuptse, Lobuche and more.
- Trek inside Sagarmatha National Park, home to the Snow Leopard, the Himalayan Giant Thar and other mountain mammals.
With Love from Us to You
- Along with the highlights of this trip we will add a few additional highlights as our gift to you!
- Use of sleeping bag and down jacket during the trek.
- Free Sublime Trails t-shirt and duffel bag for you to use and take home.
- One night's accommodation after the trek upgraded with a sauna, massage, and swimming pool.
- Invisible check-in to lodges during the trek.
- Farewell celebratory dinner.
Everest Base Camp Trek Basic Logistics
Our crew: We only employ fully trained and certified staff. Our guides are very knowledgeable and our porters and other staff are well cared for by Sublime Trails.
Accommodation: We use a three-star hotel in Kathmandu and the best available teahouses on the treks. It should be noted that in high season the demand on teahouses is high but we assure our clients of high standards of hygiene and friendliness! Hot water may not be available everywhere. Electricity to recharge your gadgets may not be available everywhere and where there is normally a small charge for this service. Please be understanding of the situation in these more remote areas.
Food: Many of the items trekkers want need to be transported into remote regions. Therefore prices may be higher than in the cities for items such as snacks, chocolate, beer etc. Please do not haggle with the shopkeepers or teahouse owners. Snacks which may not be available further up the trail can be bought in Namche Bazaar.
Transport: We will collect and drop you to the airport by car or van. Domestic flights are subject to delays due to the weather. Please be patient. On that note, please try to leave one or two days between arriving back by domestic flight and your international flight in case of delays.
Weather: This is something we have no control over! Please see the best time to visit everest base camp regarding the best months to visit the Everest Region. Weather is very changeable between Kathmandu and Lukla so flight delays do happen. We will do our best to rebook your flight. We do also offer a helicopter alternative (helicopters can often fly when fixed wings cannot).
What to bring: We will bring the best possible crew. You need only bring your sense of adventure! But seriously, we will prove you with a sleeping bag and down jacket but please bring warm clothes you can layer. Please wear your trekking boots for some time before coming to Nepal. Blisters hurt! You may also want to bring some kind of slippers or flip-flops to wear in the teahouses to rest your feet in the evenings. Don’t forget gloves, a hat and sunscreen! You might want to bring extra batteries or a power pack for your phone, camera etc.
Your preparations: A good level of fitness is required while trekking in the Himalayas. Particularly on the 14 days Everest Base Camp Trek. We suggest you prepare at home by working out in the gym, going on hikes and looking after your general fitness and health. You will thank us later!