The Everest Base Camp Trek with Helicopter Return is a 12-day trek in the Everest region followed by a memorable helicopter return flight from Gorakshep to Kathmandu. This trek is perfect for those who want the classic Everest trekking experience while avoiding the often burdensome return trip from the base camp. This way, you can enthusiastically look forward to reaching Everest Base Camp knowing it is the highlight and also the conclusion of your trekking journey.
Trekkers all over the world dream of trekking to the Everest region. Treading along beautiful Sherpa villages, relishing local Nepali cuisines, and leaving footprints at Everest Base Camp - this really is a dreamy adventure. Thankfully, the Everest Base Camp Helicopter Return Trek makes the classic experience more accessible.
The Everest Base Camp Trek with Helicopter Return lets you take a helicopter from Gorakshep right after you descend from Kala Patthar. You will get away with the latter half of the tiring trek, enjoy a scenic helicopter ride, and avoid flight delays and cancellations at the Lukla airport.
In this way, you avoid retracing the same trail on your return journey, shaving off the 65 km long return trip from the total 130 km long journey. This makes the trek a lot more pleasant and keeps the entire journey interesting. Additionally, the 12-day Everest Base Camp Trek and Return by Helicopter is perfect for travelers who are on a tight vacation schedule and limited holidays but still want the Everest trekking experience.
First, the trek to Everest Base Camp and Kala Patthar becomes a spectacular highlight. You’ll get enough cultural immersion into the lives of the brave Sherpa community as you trek through the Sherpa villages of Namche Bazaar, Tengboche, Dingboche, and Lobuche.
You’ll witness the rich floral and faunal diversity of the Everest region along with elaborate mountain views of Mount Everest, Lhotse, Makalu, Cho Oyu, Nuptse, Ama Dablam, Pumori, Island Peak, and more as you trudge through the Sagarmatha National Park.
After living, sleeping, eating, and exploring the heavenly Everest region like the native Sherpas during the entire trip, you will then take an exhilarating helicopter flight back to Kathmandu from Gorakshep. The bird’s eye view of glaciers, snow-capped peaks, and mountain valleys is a sight to behold. Hence, the direct helicopter return trip from Gorakshep to Kathmandu is not only a convenient arrangement but a highlight in itself.
The Everest Base Camp Helicopter Return Trek itinerary is carefully planned and meticulously implemented by our Sublime Trails team. Refer to the specific sections about cost, itinerary, preparation, and weather below for a quick glimpse into how we make this glorious journey possible.
Highlights: 12-Day Everest Base Camp Helicopter Return Trek
- Stand tall at Everest Base Camp, the lap of the world’s highest peak.
- Rejoice in the breathtaking Everest view and surrounding scenery from Kala Patthar.
- Scenic mountain flight to the Lukla airport, a highlight in itself.
- Absorb the tranquility of monasteries like Rongbuk, Tengboche, Dingboche, Thame, Khumjung, Pangboche, etc.
- Learn and live the authentic Sherpa culture, dance to their beats, and relish their cuisines.
- Rediscover true adventure in the rugged trails with Mani Walls and prayer flags.
- Visit the magnificent Khumbu Icefall and Glacier, the highest of its kind worldwide.
- Survey the numerous exotic plant and animal species of the Sagarmatha National Park.
- Get away with the taxing return trek with a picturesque helicopter return trip.