Chisapani Nagarkot HIke is one of the most popular trips within the Kathmandu Valley. This short and easy trek brings you inside the premises of Shivapuri National Park and eventually takes you to Changunarayan, an embodiment of the wonderful traditional architecture of Nepal. During the trek, you will be greeted with some gorgeous views of charming villages. Wonderful panoramas of peaks ranging from Kanchenjunga to Everest are bound to delight every trekker.
Chisapani Nagarkot Hike starts from Sundarijal. This town is a major water supply for the Kathmandu Valley. From here, you will walk uphill for a bit to the entrance of Shivapuri National Park. The trek then leads through some of the beautiful forests of this national park to the picturesque settlement of Chisapani. The lodges in this area offer good facilities for food and accommodation. Your next stop from Chisapani is Nagarkot, famous for its outstanding views of mountains, especially amazing during sunrise and sunsets.
Due to the relatively low altitude of the Chisapani Nagarkot Hike, it can be completed even in the winter. Due to its short and easy trekking route, it is also a perfect trek to embark on with your family. There is perhaps no other destination in Nepal that offers you breathtaking sites of so many mountain ranges within a short span of trekking time.
Chisapani Nagarkot Hike Highlights
- Mesmerizing sunrise and sunset at Nagarkot are bound to leave you speechless
- Explore the various UNESCO World Heritage Sites in Kathmandu like Kathmandu Durbar Square, Swayambhunath, Boudhanath, Pashupatinath
- Trek inside the beautiful Shivapuri National Park
- Get to see 8 out of the 13 Himalayan ranges of Nepal from Nagarkot
- Visit the oldest temple in Nepal - Changu Narayan
- Experience trekking in Nepal in an easy and convenient way
- Perfect for any age group, possible to travel with your family
Food and Accommodation
While you are Kathmandu, you will stay at a 3-star hotel providing breakfast. For lunch and dinner, you can try different amazing restaurants there. Leaving Kathmandu, you will stay at a guest house providing clean and accommodation. You will be provided with breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
Chisapani Nagarkot Hike starts from Sundarijal where you reach via bus from Kathmandu. From Sundarijal, you will trek to Chisapani and spend a night there. The next day, you will trek to Nagarkot. On the last day of the trek, you will trek to Changunarayan and get back to Kathmandu.
This is an easy trek around Kathmandu valley which can be completed within 3 days. You walk on a decent trail for 5/6 hours a day. The trek is easy as the altitude of the region is not high and trails easy to walk. The trek does not demand much physical fitness and hence anyone can do this trek.
Food and Accommodation
As the Chisapani Nagarkot Trek is a leisurely one - you won't have to go to remote areas. Many restaurants are available along the way, where varieties of western and traditional dishes are available. During the trek, you will stay in lodges. They are fairly luxurious and provide you with basic services. While in Kathmandu, you will stay in a 3-star hotel with breakfast service. For lunch and dinner, you can explore various dishes available in the city according to your preference.
Weather and Best Time to Trek
This trek can be done at any time of the year. As the trail is easy to walk and you do not have to walk in the high altitude region, there will be no problem even in summer and winter days. The temperatures will be moderate throughout the year. Each season you with a different view of the landscapes around the trekking region.
- Day 1:Arrive at Kathmandu AirportAltitude: 1345 m
- Day 2:Orientation and Sightseeing around Kathmandu ValleyAltitude: 1345 m
- Day 3:Drive to Sundarijal and trek to ChisapaniAltitude: 2300 m
- Day 4:Trek to NagarkotAltitude: 2195 m
- Day 5:Trek to Changu Narayan and drive to KathmanduAltitude: 1345 m
- Day 6:Departure