Our Everest View trekking itinerary involves trekking from Lukla to Tengboche. This stretches the itinerary from 5 days to 7 days for good. Tengboche sits at an altitude of 3,860 m and provides the best view of Mt. Everest and surrounding massifs.
Apart from the obvious benefit of a more intimate view of Mt. Everest, trekking to Tengboche has myriad other merits. Most trekking agencies conclude the Everest View Trek at Namche. While this does make for a fun experience, you’ll never escape the heavily commercialized areas of the region. By trekking to Tengboche, you’ll get the opportunity to truly understand the lifestyle and culture of the Sherpa communities and explore the Khumbu region in its raw, natural form.
The trip begins with a scenic mountain flight from Kathmandu (or Ramechhap) to Lukla. The humming town of Lukla is welcoming as you land with a bird’s eye view of the majestic peaks in memory. For the day, you will endure a pleasant trek along the gushing Dudh Koshi River to reach Phakding.
The first morning at Phakding introduces you to how the local Sherpas wake up every day to a horizon embellished with mountain peaks. There’s more to discover, and you will set out for an enjoyable trek to Namche Bazaar. Always bustling with an electric air of adventure, Namche Bazaar serves as your abode for the day and the day after.
Fully acclimatized to the region, Day 5 involves trekking to Tengboche with its remarkable Tengboche Monastery and panoramic Everest view. If the spectacular scenery doesn’t fill your heart enough, the warm hospitality of the Sherpa people certainly will.
In the latter phase of the Everest View Trek itinerary, you’ll descend further past Namche and spend the night at Monjo just for the change of scenery. You’ll then trek to Lukla, spend your last night in the Everest region, and board an equally memorable flight to Kathmandu the next day.
In this way, the Everest View Trek encompasses the complete essence of Everest region trekking - the amazing views, rugged trekking trails, and interaction with locals - without the burdensome trekking challenge of longer itineraries.
- 35-minute thrilling flight from Kathmandu to Lukla and back
- Epic and unobstructed view of Mt. Everest from Tengboche.
- The historic and renowned Tengboche Monastery.
- Escape the usual commercial areas and experience the candid Khumbu region from Tengboche.
- Traverse through Sagarmatha National Park with dramatic mountains, glaciers, and deep valleys.
- Chance to spot exotic animals like Musk deer, Himalayan Giant Thar, and Snow Leopard
- Panoramic view of Everest and surrounding peaks from Hotel Everest View.
- Explore the lively towns of Namche, Lukla, Monjo, and more.
- Deeper immersion into the rich culture and lifestyle of Sherpa communities.
- Breathtaking views of mountains like Tawache, Everest, Lhotse, Nuptse, Ama Dablam, Cho Oyu, and Thamserku.
- The mesmerizing view of sunrise and sunset over the Himalayas.