Nepal is a Himalayan country that offers some wonderful trekking destinations. Most of the famous trekking destinations lead you to the mountainous region and take days of strenuous trekking in the high-altitude region. However, there are many treks that are easy yet take you to some wonderful destinations. The diverse trekking destination and the trails of Nepal are appropriate for beginner trekkers to mountaineers.
There are some spectacular trekking destinations in the lower Himalayan regions which are ideal for beginner trekkers. The trail is easy with diverse landscapes and the journey provides you with some stunning views of the mountains and the landscapes. Most of the trek in the lower regions is moderate to easy and does not demand much physical fitness. The diversity in the landscapes, flora, and fauna make every region unique and special. You can get wonderful trekking experiences without having to endure the tough weather conditions of the high-altitude regions.
These treks not only let you enjoy the heavenly landscapes of Nepal but also introduce you to the culture and tradition of the villages of Nepal. Annapurna region, Langtang region, Lower Khumbu region, Lower Manaslu region, etc. are some famous destinations for beginner trekkers with fewer days of trekking. Here are some of the most famous trekking trails for beginner trekkers.
Ghorepani Poon Hill Trek
Ghorepani Poon Hill Trek, also known as the Annapurna Panorama trek is one of the most rewarding and short treks in Nepal. It takes you to Poon Hill which is one of the best vantage points of the Annapurna region to behold the mountains of the Annapurna and Dhawalagiri range. Starting from Pokhara, the trail takes you through some beautiful forest of oak and rhododendron, gorges, river valleys, ridges, and picturesque villages. The presence of rivers and waterfalls makes the landscapes more beautiful.
It takes 3 to 5 days to complete and it is only moderately difficult. As Poon Hill is the only station over 3000 m, there is no risk of altitude sickness. The trek is also an opportunity to explore villages such as Ghandruk, Ghorepani, etc. This trek is perfect for beginner trekkers.
- Breathtaking views of the mountains such as Annapurna South, Annapurna I, Dhaulagiri, Nilgiri, Machhapuchhre, etc.
- The mesmerizing view of the sunrise from Poon Hill
- Oak and rhododendron forests with the habitat of some exotic animals
- Chance to explore the culture and traditions of ethnic Magar and Gurung people
- Opportunity to explore villages like Ghandruk, Ghorepani, Tadapani, Ulleri, etc.
- Serene trail with spectacular landscapes along the way
Maximum Elevation: 3200 m (Poon Hill)
Trek Duration: 3-5 Days (From Pokhara)
Everest Panorama Trek
Everest Panorama trek lets you explore the landscapes of the Khumbu region. The trek offers you stunning views of the mountains of the Everest region including a spectacular view of Everest itself. The trek starts after the plane flight to Lukla. You will ascend from Lukla all the way to Tengboche which is an amazing vantage point and station on the way to Everest Base Camp. The journey rewards you with a plethora of amazing views of the rivers, gorges, valleys, snow-capped mountains, glaciers, etc.
Most of the area falls in Sagarmatha National Park, which is an amazing place for wildlife exploration. Apart from that, you will get to explore indigenous Sherpa people and their cultures. You will encounter religious monuments such as Monasteries, Stupas, Kanis, etc along the way. This trek is perfect to explore the landscapes and culture of this region. The trek can be completed within a week and is only moderately difficult.
- Thrilling plane flight from Kathmandu to Lukla and Lukla to Kathmandu
- Breathtaking views of mountains like Tawache, Everest, Lhotse, Nuptse, Ama Dablam, Cho Oyu, and Thamserku
- The mesmerizing view of sunrise and sunset over the Himalayas
- Trek inside the natural heritage site of Sagarmatha National Park
- Visit Tengboche Monastery, the largest monastery in the Everest region
- Explore the Sherpa villages, their tradition, and culture
Maximum elevation:3870 m (Tengboche)
Trek Duration: 7-8 days approx.
Annapurna Base Camp Trek
Annapurna Base Camp Trek introduces you to the diverse landscapes of the region from low foothills to the high snow-capped mountains. A journey to the base camp of Annapurna South is full of breathtaking views. The landscapes are mainly low hills covered in lush forests, rivers, valleys, gorges, etc. in the lower region and high rocky mountains, glaciers, moraine valleys, etc. in the upper region. The whole journey will let you enjoy the view of the Annapurna and Dhaulagiri region from different perspectives. Along the way, you will encounter some waterfalls, hot springs, suspension bridges, etc. Most of the trail is dominated by rhododendron and oak forests and picturesque villages. You will get to spend the night at Annapurna Base Camp and get to visit Machhapuchhre Base Camp. Even though the trek takes you to the high-altitude region, the trail is easy and with proper acclimatization, you can complete the trek.
- Lush forests of rhododendrons and oaks on the side of the Modi Khola
- Chance to explore the unique cultures and traditions of Magar people in the villages along the way
- Breathtaking panoramic views of Annapurna and Dhaulagiri range from different perspectives along the way
- Several rivulets and cascading waterfalls
- Opportunity to get to two base camps and Poon Hill in a single trek (Annapurna Base Camp and Machhapuchhre Base Camp)
- Catch the most photographic spots during the trek at almost every point you encounter
Maximum Elevation: 4130 m (Annapurna Base Camp)
Trek Duration: 7-10 Days
Tamang Heritage Trail Trek
Tamang Heritage trail trek is one of the easy and rewarding trekking trails of the Langtang region. The trek rewards you with spectacular views of the landscapes of Eastern Nepal. Along the way, you will enjoy the beautiful views of rice farms, terraces, dense forests, river valleys, snow-capped mountains, etc. The view of the mountains of the Langtang region looks amazing throughout the journey.
Trek along the Taman g Heritage trail is an amazing opportunity to explore the culture and tradition of the Tamang people. During the trek, you will get to witness some fascinating festivals of the Tamang people. As the region is near the Tibet border, you will also get a glimpse of Tibetan culture. The trail is easy to walk and the altitude is also not that high which makes it appropriate for beginner trekkers.
- Scenic views of the mountains of the Ganesh Himal, Langtang, and Gosaikunda range
- Chance to explore the culture and lifestyle of Tamang people
- Chance to enjoy the hot springs in Tatopani
- Local homestays with authentic treats
Maximum Elevation: 2380 m
Trek Duration: 8-10 days
Lower Manaslu Trek
Lower Manaslu Trek is yet another rewarding trek to the central region Himalayas of Nepal. As it is near the Kathmandu valley, it is easily accessible and the trek is only moderately difficult. The trek offers some spectacular views of the mountains of the Ganesh Himal, Langtang range, and many other mountains. The trail passes through dense forests, valleys, foothills, etc. The reason falls in the Gorkha district which is a historically, religiously, and culturally significant place. The trek is an amazing opportunity to explore the stunning landscapes of Nepal along with its history, culture, and lifestyle.
As the region is less explored, it will not be crowded. So, you can trek any time of the year in this region. With the panoramic views of more than 20 mountains and a chance to explore some isolated villages such as Laprak and Barpak, the lower Manaslu trek is certainly a top choice for beginner trekkers.
- Stunning view of the mountains of Annapurna, Ganesh Himal, and Langtang range
- Walkthrough Larkya La Pass and Marsyangdi valley to get some of the amazing views
- An isolated and pristine area
- Chance to explore the culture and lifestyle of some isolated villages
Maximum Elevation: 3220 m, Darche Danda
Trek Duration: 11-13 days
Tips for beginner Trekkers
- Even though the treks are relatively easy, you need some level of physical fitness. You are recommended to get involved in some fitness exercises before pursuing the trek.
- Do not rush to get to the destination, as you might get tired and exhausted. You should be able to enjoy the whole journey.
- If you are trekking above 3000 m elevation, you must acclimatize properly. It is the safe mark for altitude sickness so you need to be careful above that.
- Stay hydrated throughout the journey. Avoid alcoholic products as they cause dehydration.
- Almost all trekking areas in Nepal now have teahouses. So it is better and easy to stay in tea houses rather than camping. Basic accommodation, food, and beverages are available in the teahouses.
- Make sure to pack all the essentials for trekking, cause once you start trekking, there are no places to buy missing things.
Nepal is the country with the highest mountains, However, it has many amazing trekking destinations for beginner trekkers as well. Some trekking routes in the lower region are relatively easy and offer heartwarming views of the landscapes. With proper planning and preparations, you can visit Nepal and have amazing trekking experiences in Nepal. If you are mentally and physically not ready for the adventure treks you can choose to Everest base camp helicopter tour to see the real Himalayas in one day.