Trekking is Nepal’s most popular outdoor activity and no wonder there is no shortage of truly epic walks in Nepal.
Nepal has some of the world's best treks ranging from quick and easy short hikes to multi-day treks that immerse you in pristine natural beauty and diverse rich culture.
Every region of the country boasts fantastically unique trails whether it would be long, short or off-beaten trails.
Trekking is the best way to get away from the hustle and bustle of city life and soak into the mountain views, enjoy the pristine fresh air, and discover Nepal's rich culture.
This abundance of opportunity makes trekking in Nepal so exciting that a number of visitors often return year after year to tick off the next trail.
After all, trekking in Nepal proves one thing that no experience on the trail is quite the same as another. Whichever trekking routes await you, be it Everest, Annapurna, or any other region, surely it'll provide a unique experience unlike anything found elsewhere.
Since the short treks are easily doable, they’re more popular among the average hiker. For a short trek, prior trekking experience is not necessary with a basic level of fitness you can enjoy and complete the trek successfully.
The options are endless when it comes to a place to visit in Nepal, but for those short on time but still want to get a taste of the Nepalese nature this post is for you !!!
The best short treks in Nepal below are all around for only seven to ten days making them the perfect short trek excursion. It is specially designed for that hiking enthusiast who has a short limited holiday in Nepal.
Just pick any one of these best short treks, and trust me you’ll surely be compelled to fall in love with Nepal's nature!!!
if you are planning to trek in Nepal, you can tell us your requirements and we can help you to manage your trip.
Ghorepani Poonhill Trek
There are, of course, several short treks in Nepal to keep yourself busy in the mountain terrain. Trust me they all offer an unforgettable experience. But without mentioning the Ghorepani Ghandruk trek the list of the best short treks in Nepal will not be complete.
This trek is graded as easy and makes it a perfect choice for beginner trekkers. Though it is easy you've to walk the entire uphill and downhill climb on several stone cases.
A short and easy, Ghorepani Poon Hill Trek is a perfect introductory trek for an individual with minimal time and effort.
Undoubtedly, the highlight of the whole trek is Poon Hill. It is one of the most famous hill stations for the best 360-degree mountain views.
The trek offers some panoramic mountain views including Mt. Dhaulagiri, Himchuli, Gangapurna, Mt. Macchapucchre, and Mt. Annapurna north and south.
This trek starts from Pokhara and takes you to a beautiful Gurung village, a Ghorepani via rhododendron forests. It lies in a north-central part of Nepal in Myagdi district.
This place used to be a rest stop for ancient traders where they found water for their horses. In this village, you can observe the unique culture and traditions of the Gurung people.
Though, this beautiful trek can be done the whole year around the best time is in the spring and autumn seasons.
During springtime, you'll witness the blossom of rhododendrons which makes the whole forests come alive with a different color.
- Explore the beautiful lakeside town of Pokhara.
- Enjoy the natural hot springs at Tatopani.
- Explore an indigenous Magar and Gurung culture and their lifestyle.
- Walkthrough the largest rhododendron forest and stone staircases.
- An amazing sunrise view from Poon Hill.
- Spectacular mountain views of Mt. Dhaulagiri, Mt. Annapurna, Mt. Nilgiri, Mt. Machhapuchhre, and Hiunchuli.
Everest View Trek
Travelers who want to have a close view of the mighty peak of Everest in a short time then can hit the famous Everest Panorama trek. It is one of the popular best short treks in the Khumbu region of Nepal.
This amazing trek begins from Lukla and goes via Phakding, Namche, and Tengboche. During the trek, you'll walk along the Dudh Koshi River, and traverse via lush rhododendron forest, and yak pastures.
The major center of attraction of this trek is the Tengboche monastery. It is one of the largest monasteries in the Khumbu region situated at 3,870 m above sea level. This monastery is famous for its great sunrise view of Mt. Everest.
The trail offers great views of the higher peaks like Mt. Everest, Mt. Ama Dablam, Mt. Nuptse, and many other peaks of the Khumbu region.
Also, at each trekking stop, you'll get a chance to see mani walls, prayer wheels, and ancient Buddhist monasteries. During the trek, you'll spend your night at the local tea house where you'll get a chance to learn about the Sherpa lifestyle and culture.
The Everest Panorama trek can be done throughout the year like the Everest base camp Helicopter tour. This is an easy trekking destination in comparison to other trekking trails like Everest Base Camp Trek, Gokyo Valley Trek, and Everest High Passes trek of the Everest region.
This short but still adventurous trip is a golden opportunity for any trekkers who are eager to explore the Himalayas including Mt. Everest, the highest peaks on the planet.
- Adventure flight from Kathmandu to Lukla.
- Observe and learn the Sherpa culture.
- Visit the largest monasteries of the Khumbu region, Tengboche Monastery, and observe Yeti Skull.
- Explore the Sagarmatha National Park and witness more than 170 and 30 species of birds and mammals.
- An amazing view of snow-capped mountain peaks including Mt. Thamserku, Mt. Khumblia, Mt. Ama Dablam, Mt. Lhotse, Mt. Nuptse, Mt. Phortse, and many other surrounding peaks.
- Close-up view of the world's tallest peak Mt. Everest.
Mardi Himal Trek
The Annapurna region is home to some of the world's most iconic mountain peaks. As I already mentioned before, the world's best trekking trail Annapurna Base Camp and Annapurna Circuit lies in the Annapurna region.
Mardi Himal Trek is a new and less-traveled trail and is ideal for people who have limited time.
Trek to Mardi Himal begins from Kande one hour drive from Pokhara. The trail takes through the subtropical rhododendron and oak forests. Spring season is the best time to discover the wild variety of flowers all around this region.
En route, you’ll pass via a rocky slope, grazing meadows that are slightly slippery making the trek pretty tough.
The highest point of the trek is Mardi Himal Base Camp at 4,500 m. In the end, you'll be rewarded with a staggering view of Mt. Macchapucchre (Fishtail Mountain), Mt. Annapurna, Mardi Himal, and other surrounding peaks.
During this short adventurous trek, you'll get a chance to be fully soaked in the natural beauty of the Annapurna region. Likewise, you’ll also pass through different ethnic communities and experience their culture and lifestyle.
You can do this beautiful short trek all around the year. But September to December and March to June is the best time of year for the Mardi Himal trek.
Though this is a newly opened trek, there are several basic tea houses where you can get a comfortable sleep and good food.
- Explore Pokhara, a city surrounded by lakes.
- Experience the culture and lifestyle of the Magar and Gurung people.
- Hike to Upper View Point one of the best viewpoints for beautiful mountain vistas.
- Mardi Himal Base Camp.
- Walk through an isolated trail of the Annapurna region and explore the diverse sceneries of nature.
- Jaw-dropping views of Mt. Machhapuchhre, Mt. Annapurna, and Mardi Himal.
The Tamang Heritage Trail
The Tamang Heritage Trail is perfect for travelers who have only a one-week time but want to taste the real experience treks.
It is a recently opened trekking trail in the Langtang region that goes through the off-the-beaten trail. It is a short and sweet trek for trekkers who have a limited time for trekking in the Himalayas. Since this trek is less crowded, it is highly popular among the peaceful love trekkers.
This trek is perfect for families and couples for seeing the natural beauty and traditional cultures. On the trail, you’ll get to see the ancient Buddhist monasteries, Mani walls, Chortens, and towering waterfalls.
This trek starts with a 9 hours drive from Kathmandu to Syabrubesi. En route, you’ll come across major villages like Syabrubesi, Gatlang, Tatopani, Thuman, and Buddhism.
This trek offers a great panoramic view of the Himalayas like the Langtang range, Manaslu region, Ganesh Himal, and many other surrounding peaks. During this trek, you’ll get a chance for a homestay at the local Tamang people’s houses. Here you’ll enjoy their culture, lifestyle, dances, and food.
Besides the best mountain views, this trek is more often to explore the local culture of the Tamang community. The local culture and lifestyle of the Tamang people are interesting to explore.
The Tamang Heritage Trail can be done throughout the year. This is an easy trek and surely make you prepare for an upcoming challenging adventure trip in the future.
- New trekking route and less traveled.
- Splendid views of the Langtang mountain range.
- Panoramic Himalayan views include Ganesh Himal, Shringi Himal, Lakpa, Manaslu, and Sanjen Himal ranges.
- High altitude lakes namely Gosaikunda, Pravatikunda, Bhairav Kunda, and Dudhkunda.
- Passes through different traditional villages like Thuman, Briddim, Syabrubesi, Timure, and Gatlang.
- Enjoy a relaxing dip in the natural hot spring in Tatopani.
- Explore the traditional Tamang villages and unspoiled nature.
Dhampus Sarangkot Trek
The Dhampus Sarangkot trek is one of the best ways to utilize small-sized holidays. This trek is ideal for people who have limited time but don't want to miss the full beauty of the Himalayas.
It is also known as the alternative trekking of Annapurna Panorama trekking. If you’ve only one day at Pokhara and are willing to do a short hike then the Dhampus Sarangkot trek will be an ideal option.
This amazing short trek begins with a short drive from Pokhara to Phedi. From Phedi, it’ll take two hours to reach the traditional Dhampus village. You’ll walk via colorful rhododendron and oak forests crossing some rice field terraces.
Dhampus village is famous for the local indigenous Gurung people and the sunset and sunrise views. This trek offers stunning views of the Annapurna and Dhaulagiri Himalayan range.
Sarangkot is famous for the enchanting views of Pokhara Valley, Phewa Lake, and surrounding mountain views. It is an ideal vantage point to view both sunrise and sunset over the majestic Himalayan range. It is also famous for adventure activities like paragliding and zip flying.
This easy trail makes the perfect destination for all age groups, especially for senior citizens and families with children.
You can also take this trek as an opportunity for training before experiencing other challenging treks in Nepal.
- Short hiking trail near the beautiful lake city of Pokhara.
- Explore Dhampus village rich in diverse cultural and natural beauty.
- Amazing views of Annapurna and Macchapucchre Himalayan range for Sarangkot Hill.
- Discover both Hindu and Buddhist culture and tradition.
- Wonderful sunrise and sunset view from Sarangkot Hill.
Khopra Hill Trek
Khopra Hill trek is a newly opened off-beaten trekking trail in the Annapurna region. Yearly more than 40,000 trekkers visit Nepal to trek in the Annapurna region. But still, this trekking route is one of the least visited off-beaten trekking trails in this region.
If you're looking less crowded trail still with panoramic views of the Himalayas then this trek is an ideal option for you.
It is also known as the Khopra Ridge trek and less popular viewpoint for the Annapurna and Dhaulagiri range.
There are three different trekking routes for the Khopra Hill trek depending on the entry points. The first one is to trek from Nayapul to Ghandruk and get to Khopra via Tadapani.
The second one is to trek from Beni a six-hour drive from Pokhara. After that, the trail goes via Banskarka and Nangi villages and reaches Mohare Danda at 3,660 meters. This is one of the best vantage points to see Dhaulagiri and Annapurna massif.
The last option is to trek from Nayapul one of the most popular stops for Ghorepani Poonhill trek.
The final point of the trek is Khopra Ridge which offers stunning views of Mt. Dhaulagiri, Mt. Annapurna, Mt. Machhapuchhare, Nilgiri South, and Himchuli.
Besides the stunning Himalayan views, during this trek, you'll also get a chance to stay together with the local family at a homestay. Here you'll get an opportunity to learn about the local culture, traditions, and lifestyle.
These things make this trip one of the best of your lifetime!!!
- Explore the lake city of Pokhara.
- An amazing sunrise view over the Dhaulagiri range and the Annapurna range.
- Enjoy the natural hot springs at Tatopani.
- Hike to Khayer Lake, a sacred lake at the foot of the Annapurna South.
- An incredible view of Machhapuchhre Peak (Fishtail Mountain)
- Visit the ethnic Magar villages like Paudwar, Swanta, Nagi, and Narchyang.
- Experience the culture and lifestyle of the Magar and Gurung people.
- Walk via an ancient stone-paved trail and visit the ancient monastery.
- Visit old traditional Gurung Museum.
Chisapani Nagarkot Trek
Chisapani Nagarkot trek is a short still full of adventure trekking route near Kathmandu Valley. This fabulous trek allows you to gain a unique trekking experience in a short time.
Since this trek lies near to Kathmandu city, with an easy walk you can sleep in the lap of the Himalayan range. During this short and easy hike, you’ll walk via sparse villages, terraced fields with spectacular mountain scenery.
Chisapani Nagarkot trek begins with a short drive to Sundarijal from Kathmandu. Walking through dense forests of oak, pine, and rhododendron you’ll witness numerous wildlife. The trail leads to the Chispani village which is largely inhabited by Tamang people.
Enjoying the panoramic mountain views, this trek will lead you to a culturally affluent small Newari village, Nagarkot. It is also famous for its spectacular sunrise and sunset view on the silvery peaks.
This trekking route offers you a superb view of some tallest peaks including Mt. Everest, Langtang range, Mt. Manaslu, Ganesh Himal, Dorje Lakpa Himal, and Gauri Shankar Himal.
This trek offers a chance to experience the tradition, culture, and lifestyle of the rural people. Along the way, you’ll also pass some of the oldest temples in Nepal. All in all, this all-around trek creates the best out of a short stay in Nepal!!!
- Fantastic sunrise and sunset view from the top of Nagarkot Hill.
- Close to the vibrant city of Kathmandu City.
- Great cultural insights of rural people, near Kathmandu City.
- Enjoy the panoramic views of the world’s tallest peaks Mt. Everest, Mt. Annapurna, Mt. Manaslu, Mt. Makalu, and Mt. Dhaulagiri.
- Hike via the rhododendron, oak, and pine forests of the Shivapuri National Park.
- Chisapani village is a great place to witness the Lama culture.
As the top Nepal trekking agency, we Sublime Trails promise to present the ultimate trekking experience to worldwide tourists. If you have any inquiries related to short trekking or any other trekking packages please don’t be shy to contact us.
We are here at your service, ready to provide you with useful tips, advice, and insights that only experienced tour operators can offer!