Langtang Valley Trek is one of the outstanding trek and renowned as the valley of glacier trek in Nepal. The Langtang region is home to several glaciers and massive snow-capped mountains. It is one of the easiest and can be completed in a short span of time.
Langtang Valley Trek is considered to be a moderate trek, and everyone can enjoy this trek. To accomplish this trek, you certainly need to invest some time and money.
But once you’ve decided on trekking in the Langtang region, does money matter?
Well, maybe not for the travel fanatics but for the budget travelers do matter.
But wait for a while! Langtang Valley trek is one of the best trekking destinations that can explore within the budget range of $700-$900.
For every avid trekker, this affordable Langtang valley trek serves as an opportunity to plan a wonderful trip to the Himalayas.
There is no doubt, it is budget-friendly, but there are certain things that need to be kept in mind when you plan your budget.
The Langtang Valley Trek Cost depends upon the following things;
- How many days do you want to trek?
- In which season you’re planning to trek?
- Which trekking route you are using?
- How many numbers of trekkers are there?
- What type of transportation do you want?
- What type of accommodation do you want?
- What type of amenities are you getting?
- What type of food and drinks are you getting?
- What kind of extra facilities are there on your trek?
In fact, estimate your budget and double it. By doing so, you’ll never fall short, and it’ll take care of all unforeseen expenses.
Do not hesitate to contact us if you want to trek to Langtang Valley or other trekking routes in Nepal. We can help you to manage your trip.
Langtang Valley Trek Cost
Langtang Valley Trek Cost is not costlier than Everest Base Camp Trek but also lit more expensive than other treks.
The Langtang Valley Trek Cost depends largely on the Tour Company, trekking package, and quality of service you choose. Also, the cost of transportation, food, accommodation, and hiring a guide form an integral part of your budget plan.
Langtang Valley Trek Accommodation Cost
On the trail, there are well-established tea houses with the basic standard facilities. Don’t expect a luxurious hotel in the Langtang region. However, you can get comfortable and good accommodation service there.
You get single room accommodation facilities in Kathmandu valley. During the peak trekking season, you should share a room with other trekkers. This may bring a closeness and friendliness to each member of the group.
Most of the tea house accommodation cost around NPR 1200-1500 ($12-$15) per night. But you need to have your meals in the same tea house. The lodging price is affordable in the Langtang region.
However, as you gain altitudes, the services are more basic, and the price also rises steeply.
Everest Base Camp route is a little expensive than Langtang Valley Trek route. But if you’re doing trekking in the offseason (monsoon or winter), the price can be little as NPR 300-500 ($3-$5). You can get different off-season discounts, and it’s easy to negotiate.
During the trek, it is hard to get the hot shower facilities. Some tea houses offer hot showers facilities but not included in the accommodation prices. But if you’re on a tight budget, the cold showers are available free.
Langtang Valley Trek Meals Cost
You get to enjoy the traditional Nepalese cuisine during the Langtang Valley Trek. You also get to taste other continental food like Tibetan, Indian, Chinese, and Italian.
During the trekking period, you get a standard breakfast, lunch, and dinner including tea or coffee. This region lies in one of the remote regions of Nepal, so the cost of the food is quite expensive than in Kathmandu.
The cost of the meal ranges from NPR 1200-2000 ($12-$20) per day for meals. Also, the price varies between high and low trekking seasons. There is a simple rule: with the increase in the elevation, the cost of food also increases.
The only reason for this is in the remote area of Nepal is still not fully accessible to transportation.
While trekking in the higher altitudes, you need to stay hydrated all the time. The one liter of bottled water can start at NPR 50 ($0.48), and higher elevation cost NPR 200 ($2).
Besides all this, on the Langtang trail, most of the tea houses provide hygienic and tasty food at affordable prices.
Langtang Valley Trek Transportation Cost
While trekking in Nepal, flights are one of the big cost factors. Luckily, during Langtang Valley Trek you don’t have to take any flights. Since the Langtang region lies 19 miles north of Kathmandu, a few hour drives are required to reach a beautiful region.
There are many traveling options available like local buses or private jeep. Public transportations are perfect for budget travelers. Public buses are cheap. Thus, you don’t have to spend much on transportations.
Langtang Valley Trek Guide and Porter Cost
While you can trek in Langtang on your own, hiring a guide and a porter is highly advisable. A guide navigates through the mountain trails and helps you in an emergency.
Hiring a guide for Langtang Valley Trek costs you around NPR 2000-3000 ($20-$30) per day.
A porter is always ready to carry your baggage for you. So, you can enjoy a long walk without feeling too tired. The standard rate of porter ranges from NPR 1500-2500 ($15-25) per day.
If you want to book your guide with us then you can do it through https://www.sublimetrails.com/contact-us
Langtang Valley Trek Trekking Permit Cost
For Langtang Valley trek, you require TIMS card and Langtang National Park entering permit costs. If you’re traveling on your own without the help of any travel agency, then you’ve to pay NPR 2,000 ($20) for TIMS card.
However, if you’re traveling with the help of travel agencies, then NPR 1000 ($10) per foreigner are required for TIMS card.
Likewise, Langtang National Park entry permit costs NPR 3,390 including VAT.
Langtang Valley Trek Insurance Cost
Insurance is an important requirement for Langtang Valley Trek in Nepal. While trekking in the remote mountain region, there is always the presence of an element of risk.
So, to avoid these uncertain risk you need to do insurance policy covers helicopter evacuation, accidents, emergency, loss of luggage, and flight delay or cancellation.
Insurance cost varies from company to company. On average, a 30-day insurance policy is likely to cost around $150. It covers all requirements and emergency evacuation up to 6,000 m.
Langtang Valley Trek Miscellaneous Cost
While trekking, inevitably miscellaneous expenses are incurred. So, make sure you’re prepared for this.
- Charging your electronic gadgets like phone or camera costs you around NPR 200-500 ($2-$5) per hour. During the high trekking season, it can even cost more. But, sometimes if there is less crowd, then they may let you charge your gadgets for free.
- A tipping guide or porter is not mandatory. But you spend more than a week with them. During this period, you create beautiful memories and bond with them. So, if you’re really satisfied with their job you can tip them as small gratitude.
- Likewise, if you visit some monasteries, gumba or stupa, you can donate a small amount. This small contribution is used in the maintenance of the area.
General Tips to Save Money on Langtang Valley Trek
Every traveler wants to travel to new places with a low budget. Here are some tips to save money while trekking in the Langtang region.
- There are many shops in Thamel where you can buy or rent the trekking equipment at a reasonable price. Though they’re not 100% originals, it works well in the context of trekking in Nepal. So, instead of investing in expensive equipment you can buy or rent them.
- In the mountain region, you’ll have to pay a certain amount to charge your phones. So, it’s a good idea to bring a solar charger or power bank.
- Pack your bag smartly. Carry the things that are necessary for you. If you pack light, you can carry your bag yourself. This will save the money which you’ll pay for the porter.
- Trekking with a professional guide is a good decision as they know the cost of things, so you don’t have to pay a high amount.
- Since along the trail, there are few ATMs so bring enough money in cash. As sometimes you have to pay in dollars or rupees. So, it best to have a mix of dollars and Nepali rupees.
- At the higher elevation, the chocolate bars, chips, and soft drinks are a little expensive than in Kathmandu valley. So, it’s good to have some with before your trek.
- If you love to drink tea, then you should bring your teabags. Tea is quite expensive than hot water on the trail.
Langtang Valley Trek is an amazingly low budget trek that any adventure travelers shouldn’t miss it. You’ll get an incredible experience of the unique blend of culture and nature.
You are always welcome to contact our travel consultants who are on hand to answer any queries you may have about Langtang Valley Trek Cost.
We look forward to helping you enjoy the holiday of a lifetime.
Enjoy and good luck! Get walking!